Teeth plays vital role in enhancing the personality of a person. Having yellow teeth makes people self-conscious and lack of confidence. Teeth become yellow with aging and this is a natural process. There are numbers of teeth whitener available in the market but using these can cause your teeth very sensitive and might hurt after using products or doing dentist treatments.
Prevention is better than cure. To before starting anything, you should know causes for yellow teeth. Some of them are hereditary factors, aging, poor dental hygiene or excessive consumption of tea, coffee, tobacco and cigarettes and medication etc.
You can naturally restore whiteness to your teeth. There are many kitchen ingredients which aid to restore your pearly white smile.
1. Baking soda
Use of baking soda to whiten teeth is very old and commonly used technique. It is best ingredients for treating discolored teeth. It not only shows wonders in the kitchen but also an awesome change in your teeth. But be careful excessive use of baking soda can damage your enamel.
- Mix baking soda with lemon and make a paste. Apply this on your teeth and gently rub it. Rinse with cold water.
- Mix two tbsp. of baking soda in a cup of cold water very well. Use the solution as a whitening solution and rinse your mouth 2 times a day.
- Sprinkle baking soda in your toothbrush and brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes. Do it daily until u notice any changes.
Lemon contains natural bleaching properties. Vitamin C contained in it helps to remove yellow coloration of your teeth. Its juice is a natural mouth wash and scrubbing it on your teeth is one of the best ways of getting a sparkling smile.
- Mix lemon juice with some salt and glowing teeth.
- Rub with lemon peel on your teeth. It also helps to get rid of yellow stain.
- Mix lemon juice with some water. Rinse your mouth with this water.
Salt is the most common and easily available ingredient at home. It is a natural scrubber and best cleansing agent for teeth whitening. It also helps in refilling the lost minerals of teeth, retain oral hygiene and regain whiteness.
- Mix common salt in your toothpaste and brush with it daily.
- Mix salt with little baking soda and brush with it regularly.
- Mix salt with little lemon and make a paste. Brush with this paste daily.
4. Fruits peel
Fruits peel especially orange peel and banana peel are very effective for whitening the teeth. Orange peel contains calcium and vitamin C which fights against micro-organisms present in the mouth. Banana is rich minerals like magnesium, manganese and potassium which help to reduce the dirt and discoloration of your teeth. These minerals are helpful in penetrating into teeth and whiten them. Besides these, other fruits peels are also help whitening the teeth.
- Rub orange peel directly on teeth every day. Rub for 2 minutes and leave for 10 minutes. Then rinse your mouth. You can also use dried orange peel.
- Rub banana peel on teeth for 2 minutes. Leave it for 15 minutes. Then brush with normal toothpaste.
- Lemon peel is also beneficial. Repeat the same process as above.
Strawberries are rich in vitamin C and it acts as a natural cleaner. It contains unique whitening agents. It revives the color of many body elements where it is properly applied. Being natural cleaner, it cuts down plaque that causes the discoloration of your teeth. It contains enzyme, malic acid which helps in removing stains from your teeth.
- Rub crushed strawberries in your teeth in all directions.
- Mix salt in the strawberry paste and rub it for 2 minutes. Rinse it with cool water.
6. Holy Basil
Holy basil also known as Tulsi in Asia is also a natural remedy for whitening teeth. It also provides relief from several dental problems, like bleeding gums and pyorrhea. This herbal product also benefit in reducing plaque.
- Dry a bunch of basil in the sun for couple of days and then grind them to make fine powder. Mix it with regular toothpaste and brush with daily.
- Mix basil powder with mustard oil or orange peel powder and use the paste to brush.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV helps in the reduction of teeth paleness. It is filled with acids which act as a natural bleaching agent. It helps in reducing stains and yellow color on your teeth. It not only whitens your teeth but also kills germs which affect the teeth. But do not use it frequently a overuse will damage your enamel.
- Brush your teeth with ACV every day.
- Use ACV as mouth wash. Gargle everyday with it.
8. Coconut oil
Use coconut oil to rinse your mouth. It is very unique and old remedy to whiten teeth. The lauric acid in coconut oil can rid of bacteria found in plaque which make teeth yellow. It is also supposed to promote gum health, and help keep your breath fresh.
- Before brushing, scoop out a tbsp. of coconut oil and put in your mouth. Push, swish and pull the oil through and around your teeth for 10-15 minutes. Then spit it out and rinse with water and brush your teeth. Repeat this every day.
Margosa plant is a natural way to treat yellow teeth. It helps in making your teeth healthier and whiter. It is natural antiseptic and astringent which reduces the dental cavities and bad breath. Margosa twigs can be used to brush your teeth and it can also be chewed to reduce the yellow stains on the teeth.
- Mix margosa oil with the regular tooth paste to kill illness.
- Rub margosa twig on your teeth for at least 2 minutes and rinse it with water. Repeat this daily.
Although charcoal is black in color, it is much beneficial in whitening the teeth. It is one of the natural remedy for yellow teeth. It contains a good amount of strong whitening crystals that helps to keep the teeth neat and clean. In place of charcoal, ashes of brunt rosemary and bread can also be used.
- Mix some charcoal with your toothpaste and brush your teeth. Repeat this twice a day.
Besides these, eat crunchy fruits and vegetables which help to rub in your teeth and clean the stain. Avoid sugary drinks and sweet and also too much tea or coffee. Also quit smoking and brush right after eating every day.