Every woman desires to have pink, soft, rosy lips. It makes your smile pretty and enhance your beauty. Not only woman but also for man dark lips decreases the beauty of appearance. But the dark lips are common problem these days and has affected lots of people.
Major causes of dark lips are excessive smoking, high caffeine intake, chewing tobacco, excessive exposure to UV rays, use of low quality cosmetics and hormonal imbalances etc. To reduce darkness use the natural and home remedies. Try these long-lasting remedies that rid dark colors. These are effective as well as easy.
Lemon has bleaching properties which lighten the skin. Vitamin C contained in it helps to remove dark patches. It contains citric acid which detoxifies the skin and removes dead skin cells too. It also has astringent which keeps skin smooth.
- Apply the lemon juice on your lips and leave for 15 minutes. Wash off with cool water. You can apply before going to bed as well. Repeat this daily.
- Scrub lips with a piece of lemon to exfoliate your skin. You can sprinkle some sugar on the lemon. Repeat this every day for few weeks.
Honey contains natural bleaching property and anti-inflammatory properties which helps to reduce blemishes as well as pigmentation. It is good anti-microbial which improves blood circulation. It acts as a great moisturizer which promotes skin cells growth and make it pink.
- Apply honey on your lips before going to bed. Wash it off with warm water next morning. Repeat it every night.
- Mix equal parts of lemon juice and honey and make a paste. Apply this on your lips and leave for about 30 minutes. Gently wash off with warm water. Repeat this daily.
3. Rose petals and milk
Rose is a sophisticated treatment for skin care and it has been used for different healing and beauty care. Rose gives a natural pink glow to the lips as well as anti-inflammatory properties which soothes irritated skin and reduces sun damage.
- Mash up some rose petals and mix some milk in it. Apply this paste on your lips and gently massage it. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off.
- Mix one tbsp. of rose petal paste and few drops of honey. Apply this on your lips. Follow this two times daily.
Beetroot has natural bleaching properties which can lighten dark lips. The deep purple color ingredient present in it has natural properties to reduce lip darkness gradually. It not only breaks down the hyper-pigmentation from the lips but also provides reddish tone on the lips. It also cleanses and lightens your dark lips.
- Apply the beetroot juice to the affected area before going to bed. Wash it off next morning. Repeat it every night.
- Mix equal amount of beetroot juice and carrot juice. Apply this on your lips by gently massaging. Leave for 10-15 minutes and wash it off. Repeat it daily.
5. Olive oil
Dry, dehydrated lips look darker so it needs to moisturize regularly with natural oils. Olive oil makes your lips lively and vibrant. It contains many essential nutrients to nurture your lips and its moisturizing property will make them soft and beautiful.
- Apply few drops of olive oil on your lips and gently massage it. Do this every night before bed.
- Mix one spoon of sugar and olive oil. Scrub with it gently and leave for 10 minutes. Wipe it off with damp cloth. Do this every week.
Dryness is also responsible to cause pigmented lips. Glycerin treatment retains the moisture and prevents drying to get rid of dark lips.
- Apply glycerin over your lips using cotton bud before going to bed every night.
- Mix glycerin and lemon juice. Apply it on your lips before going to bed and leave it overnight. Wash it off next morning.
- Mix crush rose petal with glycerin. Gently apply and rub for few minutes. Repeat this process daily.
Sugar is a good exfoliating material that can help you in removing the dead skin cells from lips.
- Mix one tbsp. of granulated sugar, one tbsp. of honey and half spoon of lemon. Apply this in your lips and scrub gently. Repeat this every week.
- Mix 2 tbsp. of granulated sugar with 1 tbsp. of butter. Use this scrub and gently exfoliate your lips. Repeat this every week.
Cucumber juice is other best option for reducing pigmentation and improving the color of your lips. It is a natural lightening agent and offers relief from pain or inflammation.
- Gently rub cucumber slices on the affected area for 5-7 minutes. Repeat this daily.
- Apply cucumber juice to the lips using cotton balls or fingers. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash. You can apply before going to bed as well. Repeat this daily.
9. Berry paste
Fresh berries help to lighten dark lips naturally and it will help to exfoliate them too. It will make lips look young and healthy. It contains lots of nutrients and minerals that can nourish your lips and make them healthy. Strawberries and Raspberries are best for lip lightening and improving the lips complexion.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of strawberry juice and 2 tbsp. of petroleum jelly. Apply it on your lips two times daily.
- Make a paste of crushed raspberries, honey and aloe vera gel. Apply to you lips and leave for 15 minutes. Wash it off with cool water.
- Mix raspberry, honey and lemon in equal amount. Apply this on your lips and leave it. Repeat this balm as you required.
10. Potato juice
Potatoes have bleaching properties which helps to lighten skin and reduce the appearance of scars. It contains catecholase , naturally occurring enzymes which reduce skin darkness.
- Rub a slice of potato on your lips before going to bed. Wash off next morning with warm water.
- Mix potato juice with lemon juice and apply on your lips using cotton. Leave it for half hour and wash it off. You can apply it before going to bed and wash off next morning.