The process of removing dead skin on face and skin is called as exfoliation and this step is very important to clear the layers of dirt and dead skin. Exfoliation is necessary for all the skin types whether it is oily, sensitive or dry. Even if you have sensitive skin, exfoliation is as important as cleansing and moisturizing. It not only helps us to get rid of dead skin cells, but also improve blood circulation, giving us younger and glowing skin.
The best way to get rid of dead skin cells on face and other body parts fast is by weekly exfoliation with scrubs or natural home remedies like lemon, sugar etc. It not only helps us to get rid of dead skin cells, but also improve blood circulation, giving us younger and glowing skin.
Here are some of the best home remedies that can help you remove dead skin cells from face.
1. Sugar scrub
Sugar has glycolic acid (one of the most powerful AHA’s) in more or less concentration, and this is why it is extremely good for exfoliation and softening of the skin. The fine sugar particles help remove the dead skin cells. Raw sugar works best for exfoliating the body, as its texture is coarser, but when using a scrub on your face, choose the finer grain of table sugar.
- Mix 3 teaspoon sugar powder and half a tablespoon of olive oil. Then spread on the face for a minute and gently rub for 2 minutes. Then clean the face with warm water and then moisturize skin. You can add honey or peppermint oil in the scrub as well.
2. Orange peel
Slight abrasive nature of the powder works as a natural exfoliating agent. It can help remove dirt and dead skin cells from your skin. It is rich in antioxidant and vitamin C content help rejuvenate your skin, making it appear young and vibrant. You can dry the orange peel in your home or buy the powder from the market.
- Mix equal amounts of orange peel powder and plain yogurt to form a smooth paste. Apply it on your face and neck area. Allow it to sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Using wet hands, gently rub off the paste using circular motions. Repeat once a week.
The most effective tips on how to remove dead skin cells from body and from face is. Oatmeal has soothing and anti-inflammatory action which is good for sensitive and mature skin. Remember not to apply it onto the skin area around your eyes. Remember that you should not rub the mixture too harsh onto your skin as it can cause skin irritation or rashes.
- Mix oatmeal powder with rosewater in a bowl and make thick porridge. Spreads through the area of the face and body you want exfoliate very gently making small circles. Rinse skin with water or shower.
- Soak some oats in water for 10 minutes and then mix it with a few granules of sugar. Add honey to the mixture and then apply it on your face.
4. Rice and Yogurt Scrub
This scrub helps to remove dead skin cells gently and soften the skin noticeably. This scrub can also help to remove tan and prevent cell damage by neutralizing harmful free radicals. It would be great for sensitive and dry skin. It is suited for dry and sensitive skin.
- Grind rice to make it less coarse if needed, then add rice to yogurt and mix with 2 drops of rose oil. Use this mixture to apply onto your face and let your skin dry before using water to rinse it off with water.
- Mix equal parts of sandalwood, rice powder and gram flour. Then, add little milk and rose water to the mixture to make a thick consistent scrub. Apply it to your skin and let it settle for 20 minutes. Rub it gently to remove dirt, oil and dead skin cells.
Coffee is rich in antioxidants which makes it excellent for removing dead skin as well as preventing sagging skin and wrinkles to a certain extent. Caffeine helps eliminate the oils and dead cells stored in the skin and produce the orange peel effect.
- Take some coarse, ground coffee beans and add olive oil to it. Add raw sugar if required and then gently rub it on your face. Wash with warm water and pat dry.
- Mix a few tablespoons sugar and a generous spoonful of ground coffee. Once both ingredients are bonded, add coconut oil and drops of essential oil of almond. Mix well and apply for the areas concerned with circular rubs but without aggressiveness. Then rinse with warm water.
Lemon has natural bleaching properties which make it one of the best natural exfoliate for cleaning the dead skin from hands and face. You can use it throughout the body or only focusing on dry, rough areas such as elbows, knees, face and feet. This is an excellent scrub used by spas and beauty salons that can also be made at home to exfoliate skin.
- Mix lemon juice, 2 tbsp. sugar and 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Moisten your skin with water and give circular massage. Then rinse well and apply the moisturizer.
7. Honey and sea salt
Honey contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal and natural moisturizing properties. Honey and sea salt scrub is best suited for oily skin type, removing excess oil and dead skin cells from the skin.
- Mix equal parts of honey and sea salt. Apply this mixture on your skin and scrub it gently in circular motion for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey and a half of cinnamon powder and apply the filling in thin layers on the affected areas, leaving it on for about 10 minutes. Then massage the skin to exfoliate dead skin cells and clean pores.
This delicious scrub will help to remove impurities and dead skin cells from the pores.Rich in antioxidants, chocolate helps reverse the signs of ageing. It moisturizes skin, protects the sun damage and tightens by maintaining the collagen production.
- Mix some cocoa powder and add rose water or lime juice in it. Add grinded oatmeal to it. Add some raw sugar and honey too. Mix well but make sure the paste is semi-solid. Rub it on your face, knees, and elbows in a circular motion. If you feel it is too harsh for your face, add olive oil to the paste to balance it out.
9. Gram flour and sandalwood scrub
Sandalwood face scrub helps to get rid of dead skin cells and other impurities like dirt, oil which are hard to get rid of with face packs. Sandalwood powder is among top solutions for most problems related to skin, and has exceptional healing properties. Your skin looks healthier with a glow. It is great for people with dry skin. It can help supply skin with soothing effect, especially in summers.
- Mix sandalwood with rice powder, gram flour, milk and rose water. Remember, not to add too much milk or water as scrubs are thick in consistency. Apply this once in two weeks for the desired results.
- Mix some sandalwood with powdered almonds then add the raw milk into that mixture. This face pack could be applied every day on the face, the arms and legs as well.
10. Fruit scrub
To get rid of dead skin cells on face use the fruit scrub. Fruits exfoliate body skin very efficiently and leave with a soft and bright texture.
- Make a paste of one slice of papaya, 1 banana and add 2 tablespoons of sugar. Blend the mixture until a syrupy texture. Grab a little with the fingers and apply through areas you want treated. Leave for 5-10 minutes and have shower. Rinse the skin with cold water to close the pores well.
- Take a good amount of fruits, such as peach, pineapple, kiwi, papaya, or banana, and mash them in a blunder. Then, you need to mix the paste with a small quantity of each honey and yogurt. Apply the mixture to your skin and leave it for 15 minutes and rinsing it with cold water.