Eyelashes high lights the makeup and add more attractiveness to your cute face. When the eyelashes are fragile it may end up in excess eyelash falling. It destroys your beauty and reduces your confidence as well. No matter what age group they fall in every woman care about their appearance and so their eyelashes too.
Causes of fragile eye lashes are rubbing of eyes, poor cosmetics, pollution, blockage in eyelid lack of nutrients in your daily diet and the many. Home remedies help by detoxifying and unclogging the pores and nourishing and rejuvenating the hair follicles, thereby helping in better eyelash growth.
1. Eating healthy
Eating healthy and balanced diet is another important tip on how to make your eyelashes grow longer, thicker and stronger. Just like your hair, your lashes need a good supply of vitamins and minerals to grow, so be sure to eat plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit, include lean protein in your diet, as well as whole grains to nourish your lashes and help them to grow.
- Include plenty of fresh fruits like apples, guava, mangos, papayas, avocado and grapefruit in your diet.
- Eat green vegetables like spinach, broccoli, cabbage and kale.
- Include whole grains as well as protein-rich foods such as legumes, nuts, seeds and beans in your diet. Also, eat alfalfa sprouts as they are high in protein as well as vitamins and minerals.
- Use extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil for your cooking as these oils contain healthy fats. Remember, moderation is the key.
- Also, be sure to get adequate fluid intake every day.
As lack of essential vitamins and nutrients can have a huge impact on eyelash growth, you can also opt for a multivitamin supplement. Consult a doctor for the supplement type and correct dosage.
2. Natural oil
Natural oil is a well-known natural remedy for thicker hair growth as well as eyelashes. It contains vitamins, minerals and lengthening agents which will not only enlarge your lashes but also moisturize them. Natural oils like castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, almond oil and sesame oil are mostly common for making your lash longer. The powerful follicle-stimulating and nourishing natural oil can help you enjoy lustrous and voluminous lashes. It also helps fight micro-organisms that hamper growth. This oil is rich in vitamin E and oleic acid that nourish and add volume to your eyelashes. It also helps keep the lashes dark.
- Use a clean brush or a cotton swab to apply oil on your lashes before going to bed. You can also add a few drops of vitamin E oil to the oil before applying. Leave it on overnight and rinse it off with lukewarm water in the morning.
Follow either of these remedies daily for 2 to 3 months.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a wonderful home remedy that can help you get long, thick eyelashes. It contains several vitamins and nutrients that promote the growth of your lashes. Moreover, it helps keep your eyelashes moisturized.
- Using a clean, old mascara wand, apply some fresh aloe vera gel on your lashes before going to bed. Leave it on overnight and rinse it off with warm water the next morning.
- Alternatively, mix together 2 tablespoons each of castor oil and fresh aloe vera gel. Apply it on your eyelashes using a cotton swab. Leave it on overnight and rinse it off the next morning.
Note: Make sure to remove the latex by rinsing the aloe vera gel thoroughly before applying.
Egg white is the perfect remedy that you should consider for longer eyelashes. The high protein in eggs can help create thicker and longer eyelashes. In addition, it contains biotin and B vitamins that play a major role in improving the overall texture of your lashes.
- Take 2 drops of egg white and mix it with the 2 drops of castor oil. Apply the mixture on the eyelashes by using lashes brush before you go to bed and wash thoroughly in the next morning.
- Beat 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of glycerin until you get a thick, creamy texture. Dip a cotton swab into this mixture and apply it on your eyelashes. Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse it off using cold water. Follow this remedy 3 times a week for a few months.
5. Lemon Peel
Use lemon peels to add volume to your eyelashes. The peels are rich in vitamins C and B, folic acid and other nutrients that promote the growth of eyelashes. Also, when infused in olive or castor oil, they will help enhance the cleansing and stimulating properties of the oil and growth to your eyelashes.
- Put 1 tablespoon of moderately dried lemon peels in a container. Pour enough olive or castor oil into the container, so that the peels get soaked. Allow it to sit for a couple of weeks. Using an old mascara stick, apply the oil on your eyelashes before going to bed. Leave it on overnight and wash it off with warm water in the morning. Follow this remedy for a few months to get encouraging results.
6. Green tea
Green tea is another effective home remedy for longer, thicker eyelashes. It is rich in flavonoids that stimulate the growth of your lashes. Green tea can be used on your lashes as well. The caffeine and flavonoids, found in green tea will help maintain the growth of existing lashes and stimulate new growth too.
- Prepare a cup of unsweetened green tea, and set it aside to cool down. Use a cotton swab to apply the green tea on your lashes, from the roots to the tips. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes and rinse it off with cool water. Do this twice daily for 2 to 3 months.
Note: When using green tea, make sure it does not get in your eyes.
7. Coconut milk
Coconut milk is rich in protein and essential fats that can help you enjoy thicker, longer eyelashes. It will also add a beautiful shine to your lashes. Regular application of coconut milk would also make your lashes attain a beautiful shine.
- Dip a cotton swab in cold coconut milk and apply it on your eyelashes. Leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing it off. Follow this remedy once or twice daily for a few months to get the desired result.
8. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is rich in antioxidant properties. It makes your eyelashes grow longer, stronger and thicker. Vitamin E oil helps prevent lashes from shedding it is a natural eyelash conditioner. It’ll help repair your lashes as well as stimulate growth.
- Just break open a couple of vitamin E and Using a clean lash brush, apply it on your lower and upper lash line and keep it on overnight. Wash it off the next morning.
9. Brush your eyelashes
Brushing your lashes can also help them grow. It will help get rid of dust and dirt particles to prevent clogged pores. Moreover, it will encourage blood circulation so that more nutrients reach the hair follicles.
- Put a few drops of vitamin E oil or petroleum jelly on a soft-bristled eyelash brush or comb. Use the brush to apply the oil or jelly directly on your lashes. Continue brushing the lashes gently using upward strokes. Start from the root of the lashes and slowly move upward to the tip. Brush for about 5 minutes twice daily until you see desired results.
10. Massage eyelids
Massaging your eyelids promotes the growth of your eyelashes. It improves blood flow to the hair follicles, which means more nutrients reach the follicles. This stimulates hair growth and prevents thinning and breakage of your lashes.
- Put a few drops of oil, petroleum jelly or shea butter on your eyelids. Using your fingertips, massage along your lids and lash line in small, circular motions. Massage for 5 to 7 minutes twice daily for a few months.
Note: Before massaging your eyelids, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly.