Due to aging, the elastin and collagen structure of the skin loses elasticity and the skin loses some of its self-moisturizing components making it appeared loose and saggy. Age is another factor can make the facial muscles weak, which also contributes to saggy skin.
Skin also lose its elasticity because of excessive exposure to harmful sun rays, excessive smoking, regular intake of alcoholic beverages, obesity, pregnancy, rapid weight loss, a poor diet, use of wrong skin care products, dehydration and use of harsh chemicals on the skin.
Along with sagging skin, you may also notice an increase in wrinkles and fine lines, especially on your face. Skin may also look paler and more translucent, and it may become more sensitive.
You need to tighten up the skin of your face and neck so that the youthful glow returns to your face. For this you do not need expensive surgeries or ointments. There are 10 natural home remedies that can help tighten sagging skin on the face, neck, arms and breasts.
1. Egg White
Egg whites are a natural astringent and hence work as a good remedy for sagging skin. It causes body tissues to contract and skin is main part to get contraction. It contains skin-nourishing ingredient hydro lipids which help to lift loose skin.
- Whisk one to two egg whites until you get a foamy texture. Apply it to the face and neck. Reapply 3-4 layers after it get dry. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water.
- Add one tablespoon of plain yogurt to one egg white and whisk it. Apply the mixture to your face and neck and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
The vitamin C in lemon helps boost collagen production. This in turn helps restore elasticity to your skin. Lemon has astringent properties that help tighten the skin and reduce wrinkles and other signs of premature aging.
- Extract some fresh lemon juice and rub it gently on your face and neck. Leave it on for five to 10 minutes and then rinse your face with water after it dries out. Repeat this daily.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is best when it comes to firming and tightening loose skin. It contains malic acid in which helps improve the elasticity of your skin and get rid of sagging skin. It is also a natural moisturizer for your skin.
- Extract the gel from an aloe Vera leaf and smear it on your face and neck. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy several times a week.
- Mix together one tablespoon of aloe vera gel and one teaspoon each of mayonnaise and honey. Apply this on your face and neck and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water and then splash some cold water. Do this once a week.
Cucumber has a reputation as an anti-aging element. It is one of the best natural skin toners and has a refreshing and rejuvenating effect on skin. It helps to tighten loose and saggy skin.
- Grind half a cucumber and squeeze it through a strainer to extract its juice. Apply this juice on your face and leave it on until it dries. Rinse it off with cool water. Follow this remedy once daily.
- Combine one tablespoon each of grated cucumber and plain yogurt. Apply the mixture on your face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat several times a week.
- Blend one cup of finely chopped avocado with another cup of finely chopped cucumber. Apply this on the face and neck. Let the mask sit there for at least half an hour and wash it off. Repeat this process regularly.
5. Oil Massage
Massaging your face and neck with a natural oil like olive oil or almond oil helps tighten loose skin to keep it firm and smooth. These oils are rich in vitamin E, and are very good moisturizing and skin tightening agent. Moreover they are a strong antioxidant which can repair and renew the skin tissues.
- Slightly warm some extra-virgin olive oil in the microwave. Apply this oil on your face. Massage gently with your fingertips in circular motions for 10 minutes. Follow this remedy once daily before going to bed.
You can also use avocado, coconut, grape seed or jojoba oil to massage your face, neck, arms and legs.
Honey has natural hydrating, antioxidant and anti-aging properties that are helpful for treating sagging skin. It helps to moisturize your skin and give you a natural glow.
- Mix two to three teaspoons of honey and a few drops each of lemon juice and olive oil. Apply it on your face and neck, let it dry and then rinse it off with warm water. Do this once or twice daily for best results.
- Mix together one-half tablespoon each of honey and sour cream. Then mix in one-half teaspoon of turmeric powder. Apply the mixture on your face for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and then splash some cold water. Use this face mask once a week.
7. Rose water
Rose water is a natural astringent, thus it is a great toner and helps tighten loose skin. It will keep your skin tighter and firmer. It is excellent for maintaining clear and glowing skin.
- Apply some rose water on your face and neck before going to bed. This will help tighten the pores and prevent premature aging signs.
- Mix one teaspoon each of lemon juice and witch hazel and five drops of almond oil in one cup of rose water. Apply it to your face and neck, leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse it off. Follow this remedy several times a week.
Cinnamon is another good remedy for sagging skin. It helps accelerate collagen production, which is essential for firm, tight skin.
- Mix one teaspoon each of cinnamon powder and turmeric powder with enough olive oil to make a paste. Then mix in one-half teaspoon of sugar or salt. Gently scrub your face and neck area with this paste for a few minutes. Leave for 10 minutes and wash your face with lukewarm water. Repeat this scrub once a week.
9. Fuller’s earth
It is actually a type of clay loaded with several minerals, including quartz, magnesium, calcium, iron, silica, dolomite, and calcite. It eliminates wrinkles, improves your complexion, and tones up your skin as no other product can. It helps tighten the skin and adds a glow to it.
- Mix one tablespoon of fuller’s earth powder with enough water (or rose water) to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on the face and neck and allow it to dry. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Mix one tablespoon each of fuller’s earth, glycerin and honey. Then mix in one beaten egg white. Apply this paste on your face and neck and allow it to dry naturally. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Strawberries work like astringents on the skin, and hence are a very good remedy for sagging skin. They have vitamin C, a potent antioxidant that boosts production of collagen fibers that help keep skin smooth and firm. Also the alpha hydroxyl acids in them help improve the appearance of aging skin.
- Mash two to three ripe strawberries and mix them with two teaspoons each of yogurt and honey. Apply the paste on your face and neck. Leave it on for about five minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy once daily for several weeks.